When looking at all these products placed on Amazon, we all think that it seems like there’s nothing hard in doing business on this platform. While that is partly true, selling through the marketplace requires much patient work. And Amazon listing optimization is one of the most challenging tasks for entrepreneurs who strive to earn money here and now.
Even if you don’t have any experience in SEO, and haven’t ever been connected with this sphere, you must accept the fact that you’ll need to cope with it somehow. Amazon is a hotbed for brand owners because you don’t need to make efforts to reach for the international audience. Create the Seller’s account, upload goods, and voila! Your products become visible for more than 300 million shoppers. But you still have to take care of keywords that help buyers find appropriate items on Amazon. And our guidelines will lead you to successful optimization and bring you moneybags.
How to Create a Listing on Amazon?
The storefront arrangement can be compared to art. The way products look and their position attracts customers, and entrepreneurs who own physical shops know this fact. And nothing changes if you have an online store. The listing of products turns into your storefront, so your task is to create relevant titles, descriptions and upload high-quality images of your goods. It should give customers exhaustive information about items, including size, weight, colors, materials, and everything connected with them. A properly created product listing attracts shoppers and essentially increases the number of sales, so it must be your priority to learn how to do that. Follow our directions to cope with this mission effectively
Step 1. Start adding items
A wise Amazon listing optimization strategy is key to your future achievements. And it makes sense to do your best at the very beginning to save your time and avoid risks. If you already have a Seller’s account on this platform, enter it and find the section called “ Inventory. ” Choose the option “ Add a Product ” and move to the next step.
Step 2. Select one of the offered options
When creating a product listing, notice that Amazon offers you three variants to choose from. If you’re planning to promote an item that is already launched on the website, you can pick it from the provided catalog. Use the name of a product or its ID to find what you need quickly.
The second variant is for those entering the market with brand new goods. With an exclusive product, you can make a listing that doesn’t have an analog here. It means that no one has performed your item on the website, and you have an opportunity to grab the attention of customers who’re searching for it.
If you’re planning to occupy the niche from the very first day, you’re free to select the option that allows you to upload a batch of products. “ Bulk upload ” is the feature that lets sellers promote multiple goods here. As you can see, Amazon provides a convenient option for everybody, but we’ll keep on discussing how to create new listings for exclusive items.
Step 3. Assign a category
Now, you have to pick an appropriate category for your goods. Classify your items with the help of the provided list or use the search engine. Both variants are Ok, and it doesn’t take much time to identify the necessary category for your products.
Step 4. Provide the listing details
And finally, we’re almost at the finish line and the most important point of our journey! Writing titles, descriptions, and other information is crucial for the performance of your store on Amazon. You must do everything possible to create brilliant content for these sections – it should be engaging and informative for customers. Besides, these details will help buyers make a final decision, and they will purchase your items or visit the online store of another seller.
The Elements of Amazon Product Listings
Amazon product listing optimization turns into science when it comes to selecting the right strategy and keywords. However, you’ll become an expert after you explore each aspect of this task. As an entrepreneur, you’ll have to learn all the pitfalls and tricks connected with optimization. And then you’ll be able to sell kitchen utensils, toys, electronics, or whatever you plan to offer through Amazon.
Where to start? Well, a newbie who only begins diving into the e-commerce world should make friends with the key elements of product listings. If you know the major pillars, it’s halfway to success. Your listings will help you increase sales and refill your budget in case you cope with the following elements excellently:
- Product title . It’s the most important thing in Amazon listing optimization – customers are typing the name of an item they’re searching for and expect to see relevant results. And in case your title is created correctly, Amazon’s algorithms will help shoppers find your product on the website.
- Bullet points . It’s where you tell shoppers why they should prefer your product. This element should contain the most significant features of your goods and highlight their values.
- Product images . Very often, the customer’s decision to buy something is based on the item’s pictures. We love looking at beautiful images. And if we want to find a product that meets our requirements, we pay attention to the quality and number of provided photos.
- Product reviews . Positive testimonials motivate customers to buy goods, and that’s why this element is crucial for your listing.
- Product description . What are the characteristics of your item? Provide shoppers with clear and exhaustive information about the represented product.
- Product features . Make accents on the strongest sides of your product and tell why it deserves the customer’s attention. You have to create the bullet points to name all the most important features that satisfy the shopper’s needs.
- Product rating . Positive ratings bring you 4 and even 5 stars that attract customers more than products with a lower estimation rate
With the understanding of these elements, Amazon listing optimization doesn’t look like a jungle for average sellers. You’ll essentially benefit from building wise tactics for your listings, and that’s why you should dedicate some time to reading the following information. Our guidelines are your powerful instrument on the platform.
Strategies of Amazon Listing Optimization
Is there a secret behind successful Amazon optimization? Your passionate work and deep understanding of what is going on in the market give you the formula for hundreds of sales here. And another ticket for success is connected with the correctness of the execution of different tasks on the website. Only if you do everything in the right way, you can generate regular sales – customers will choose your goods over and over again. Let's discuss strategies and specifics for creating a friendly atmosphere for your listings on this site. Here are the tactics that will help you boost sales and fix your business situation:
This strategy helps entrepreneurs get more customers and improve their experience with the service and products. Of course, proper Amazon listing optimization is king, but you always have to keep in mind the shoppers’ needs. Remember that beautiful images, informative descriptions, and perfect titles are only half of the battle. Focus on your customer and try to figure out what he or she needs most of all – you’ll get a clear picture of what you should do with your business. The key components of this strategy are reasonable prices, a wide assortment of goods, and high-quality delivery service.
2. Take into account Amazon’s algorithms
When we’re speaking about algorithms, we mean A9, of course. It’s the core element that decides which products to show to customers. Buyers enter the item’s name, and the search engine generates a list of goods that may attract them. At first sight, everything seems to be easy, but the way this algorithm works depends on many factors. Here are the main details you have to consider when creating listings:
- Relevance . A9 helps Amazon display the best results, and that’s why this algorithm combines a few features to provide customers with the necessary product variants.
- A number of sales . Amazon checks how many products you’ve sold during the last month and the amount of money you earned. Successful sellers win this game, and their item will appear among the results.
- Customer’s preferences . This factor is also important for A9 , and you can’t do anything about it. The algorithm checks the behavior of a shopper on the platform and generates the results based on previous purchases and viewed items.
- Availability of goods . Amazon doesn’t want to disappoint its visitors, and A9 will never add the product that is out of stock to a list of search results.
- Price . The algorithm will check the platform and display the best costs for customers. But you should also take into account that with the incorrect product listing, even a cheap product won’t pop up on the top of results.
- FBA . This program gives you many advantages over other entrepreneurs. You obtain a Prime logo and are eligible for advanced shipment features. That’s why customers will buy your goods, and it leads to a large number of sales. A9 will demonstrate your items to customers with other FBA items.
- Reviews . Positive feedback is a signal that customers get excellent experience with your goods – the algorithm adds such products to top search results.
- Product photos . Customers can’t touch or smell the item online – they can only estimate it visually. Upload images that allow shoppers to see different angles of your goods, and use Amazon’s features to help A9 determine products as the best results.
3. Listing optimization analysis
After you’ve launched your business on Amazon, you can wait for a while and start researching how your products are doing here. Check the effectiveness of your listing by looking at a number of views, amount of purchases, total sales, and reviews. Compare these details, and you’ll see the entire picture.
4. Picking the best keywords
How to make your items visible for buyers? You can’t optimize Amazon listing without appropriate keywords that show the customers the way to the goods in your online store. Research the website, and look at your competitors – the way they connect shoppers with their items will show you how to perform here. Your phrases should look natural and respond to the customer’s request.
Amazon Listing Optimization
Proper Amazon listing optimization requires hours of research and hard work, but it’s worth it. You already have a few tactics that will help you transform your business and boost sales without a problem. Even if you aren’t an Amazon SEO expert, we’re sure that you’ll manage to find a happy medium when implementing the selected strategy. Keep in mind that it should satisfy the customer’s needs in many senses. Your products will be highly ranked in case you take care of titles, descriptions, images, keywords, reviews, and other aspects. And the following directions are what you need to cope with the optimization excellently:
1. Amazon product title optimization
When searching for a product we want to get so much, we use its name and other characteristics describing it. That’s why, you as an entrepreneur can be more creative with your title – it should contain not only the information about how it’s called but also the item’s features. Amazon values this element even more than the description, so you have to make an effort to perform a perfect listing. Keep in mind the following rules for creating a brilliant title that brings traffic:
- Amazon allows sellers to make titles that contain up to 200 characters, but this aspect is regularly changing.
- Create brief titles. The practice shows that short phrases attract more customers than unnecessarily long sentences.
- Use the Amazon listing optimization tool. With its help, you’ll get a list of the best keywords matching your product and its characteristics.
- Write readable and clear titles. You must always think about a customer who will look at a list of results. Your title should explain what you offer, and why a shopper has to pick your item.
- Add primary keywords. They are the reason why the algorithm will select your goods and make them visible for buyers.
- Make your titles look better. You can divide words or phrases with the help of dashes.
Amazon product title optimization is compared to science, and you can learn how everything works only in case you research and notice important things. Look at the examples below, and you’ll see that these products aren’t named with one word “ T-shirt .” All the titles contain additional keywords and characteristics that help a customer narrow down the search field. For example, the first seller decided to mention that the T-shirt is made of flannel, and it has a hood. Another product contains information that explains it’s designed for the gym. And we see that the last item has a pocket and it’s represented in a variety of sizes.
2. Amazon bullet point optimization
This section is also crucial for your strategy, and you can essentially improve it with the help of the Amazon listing optimization service. Properly created bullet points increase your chances to make your budget situation look better because they basically sell goods. Here, you’ll write about the features and best sides of your items. By composing brief descriptions in this section, you’ll attract the attention of shoppers who don’t have time to read a lot. They want to find the major details that will meet their requirements and satisfy needs. That’s why practice in determining the most important characteristics and writing short descriptions can be a short road to successful sales.
Another method to make a customer select your product is to create long informative overviews. Mention that they don’t only have to consist of the details proving the top-notch quality of your goods, but they should also explain their value to a customer. Speak to the shopper’s pain through your text, and tell how this item can solve his or her problems. Keep in mind that Amazon cuts long overviews, and a visitor has to press “ Show more ” for further reading.
Follow these practices to come up with excellent bullet points:
- Highlight the effectiveness of your items.
- Be brief and clear.
- Determine your audience. You can name your target customer in bullet points to attract the needed individuals.
- Describe what people will get by buying your products.
- If you offer a specific item, you can add the information about how it works.
3. Amazon product images optimization
Online shoppers appreciate professional photos, but not images of poor quality. They can’t touch the offered product, and their decisions are often based on how it’s performed on Amazon. If you take it seriously, it’s necessary to consider hiring a photographer or finding someone who can teach you to take nice photos. The images you pick for your online store can help you leave other entrepreneurs behind or reduce the chances of attracting buyers. Here are some guidelines that will make your storefront look like candy:
The first photo a customer sees should have a white background. Of course, you can add images that show the routine use of the product, but you should choose colors that don’t irritate or push a user away.
Add as many photos as possible. Amazon allows sellers to upload up to 9 images. So you should pick at least 6 pictures that will demonstrate how people use your product in their everyday lives. For a customer, it’ll be easier to imagine the interaction with an item.
- Upload images containing details that prove the uniqueness of a product or show its characteristics. For example, a picture can provide information about dimension, color, quantity, etc.
- It’s a nice idea to add pictures that acquaint shoppers with your terms and guarantees.
- Use video to generate traffic. Every Amazon optimization consultant will tell you that this content type is the most engaging one. Besides, you’ll give a customer an understanding of your product, and show how it can be used.
- Remember that a product fills around 80% of image space.
- The preferable size for the first photo is 1000x1000 .
- Show the packaging of an item through images.
Interestingly, many shoppers don’t read descriptions and bullet points – they focus on the provided product images. If you aim to increase your income, the main task you have to execute excellently is to get high-quality pictures of your goods. Follow our directions or hire a professional photographer who’ll help you perform the best visual content on Amazon.
4. Amazon product reviews optimization
What do you do first when you want to buy a particular product? Of course, you start searching for reviews. And positive feedback is one of the most effective ways to generate traffic and win the shopper’s click. No doubt that it may take time to build an atmosphere of loyalty, so you should provide both high-quality goods and flawless services. But you’ll get so much instead!
An excellent product listing has 500-1000 reviews. And it’s only the starting point for entrepreneurs, as you can see from the example below. Positive comments and 5 stars motivate customers to pay attention to your item and make a purchase decision. But you also have to do something about it – you can use Amazon optimization service or encourage buyers to leave the reviews. A number of comments play an essential role in your sales. People look at positive reviews and think that this product deserves to be ordered. The opinion of other shoppers makes us move and purchase items.
You may be curious how reviews influence your Amazon listing optimization? You can’t control customers and their testimonials – they write what they want to say, and you aren’t able to command which words to use. Still, you can use appropriate keywords when responding to the shopper’s feedback. Whenever people ask questions concerning your goods or writing comments, choose the primary phrases to enhance your listing optimization.
5. Amazon product description optimization
According to the statistics data, approximately 60% of visitors read product descriptions on your page. Sellers often skip the chance to compose an engaging and informative block that essentially increases the possibility that a shopper will purchase their items. Occasionally, customers who want to buy something have doubts. They need to find the trigger which will make them add your product to a cart. And you can push them towards your goods by creating an excellent description.
If you sell an expensive product that costs more than $100 , consider composing a detailed block that will explain why a buyer should pick it. Create a bright picture for a customer – show the way this item improves his or her everyday routine. Besides, you can dedicate a few words to your company story. Introduce your brand to a customer, and explain what you do to offer a product that solves the consumer’s problems. Moreover, your company definitely has significant values – tell about them in your description.
All the most important features should be mentioned in this block. When writing this section, don’t forget to add the keywords that will boost your SEO optimization and conversions. Make an impact on customers by completing this block as a masterpiece – they should believe you and start thinking that their lives are empty without your product. Use these Amazon product description guidelines to succeed in this mission:
- Provide detailed information about your product and company.
- Fill the description with keywords.
- Avoid adding testimonials.
- It should contain at least 250 words to give the exhaustive data.
- Check if your description doesn’t consist of the information that doesn’t belong to your item.
A customer shouldn’t face any problem when reading your description – use understandable words and clear language. Of course, you might want to show how smart you are but think about shoppers too. They’re looking for products they need, but not for boring instructions.
6. Amazon product features optimization
Product features become visible for a customer even earlier than a description does. We’ve already discussed bullet points, and now, let’s talk about the content. It’s the element you should explore when you want to figure out how to optimize Amazon listing.
This information is separated by bullet points for the customer’s convenience – it’s easy to read and understand each sentence this way. Determine the core features of your item, and provide a detailed description that highlights its exclusiveness. Remember that not every shopper will read the entire information about the product. So, you have to examine it and provide the essential details in bullet points. In this way, a customer will understand whether an item meets his or her expectations. With a trustworthy Amazon SEO service, you’ll execute this task flawlessly, but you still have to take a look at the directions connected with the art of explaining features:
- Relevant keywords should appear in each bullet point
- Tell about the core features and how they change the user’s life for the best
- 5 bullet points are well enough to improve your product optimization
- Place the most important thoughts on top
- Provide the instructions concerning settings
- Mention product dimensions
- Demonstrate your guarantees
7. Amazon product rating optimization
High ratings and positive reviews are what each seller dreams of during day and night. These components influence the customer’s 4-5 stars are doing well in the market, and you can be exactly where they are. If the results don’t satisfy you, use these recommendations to climb up higher and higher on Amazon:
- Read the reviews and explore the insights. Sometimes, negative comments have much in common – it’s a wide field for activity. Research testimonials and think about how to fix the existing problem with your product or service.
- Create automated email campaigns to gather the customer’s feedback. In this way, you’ll obtain the reviews even before they appear on the website.
- Motivate people to rate the purchased items and leave feedback.
Amazon Listing Optimization Services
Once you’ve made the first steps in the journey through Amazon, it looks like you’d like to improve the seller’s experience. Of course, you can save money and fulfill all the tasks connected with SEO optimization solely. But proper processes require much time and effort, and you might appreciate the chance to have a helpful instrument. Usually, sellers use Amazon optimization services to avoid painful challenges and risks when they’re launching a business on the website.
Today, online tools and reputable agencies solve many problems that appear on the entrepreneur's way. You can start learning the principles of SEO optimization, but someone already knows each aspect of this sphere. Specialists who work at reliable agencies and develop helpful software strive to share their experience and ease the responsibilities taken by sellers. They have deep knowledge of SEO, and they can offer you practices that your competitors don’t use yet. It’s up to you which variant to pick – to cope with everything manually or involve an expert. However, we believe that our guidelines have shown you light in the darkness.
There’s no single effective recipe for successful sales on the website. With our guidelines, understanding of SEO optimization, keyword research skills, and correct attitude towards key elements of product listing, you’ll win traffic and earn the money you’re dreaming of. The adaptation period may be complicated, but attention to detail and analysis are your best friends in this situation.
We hope we revealed the needed information and explained to you how to optimize Amazon listings. Of course, you can involve someone else and benefit from collaboration with an experienced specialist. Or you can believe in yourself and go through testing and examination – each decision will influence your business and attitude. If you’re a serious player, then you won’t miss a chance to implement a new optimization strategy and change the state of affairs.